Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our story unfolds

It's hard to believe that we are blogger's now, but I thought it would be a great way to tell our story. This season has been such a stretching time, and I know that one day we will look back on it and see the Lord's faithfulness and fingerprints all over it. Living on the mountain has brought lots of perspective and I actually enjoy the peace and no cell service. We went from a beautiful brand new home to a three room rustic cabin in the woods full of someone's furniture. I had no idea we would still be trying to sell our house and living in the cabin this far into the move. It's been six months now, and to be honest I was positive I would be in a new place of our own while preparing for our third child to join us in a couple weeks. It's amazing how the Lord continues to shape and mold our hearts, because I actually enjoy living snuggly in this cabin now and look forward to her coming while we are there.

Of course, I would prefer if we had sold our house and weren't making a hefty mortgage payment. It has been a wild ride for my faith. Asking, seeeking, knocking over and over and still seeing no apparent response can make a pregnant girl go crazy. It's been a year now that we have had our house on the market, and that year has held so many trials and adjustments and persevering moments. I truly can't understand the silence. People have so many different responses to us - what can you say? Is it the enemy, the market, circumstance, consequence, His 'perfect timing', or just the way it is? Well, I don't know. But, I know now what faith really means. Believing in something that isn't seen, but still hoping it is there. And sticking to it. And so I believe that He has a plan for us, to take care of us, to bless us, and to give us a hope and a future.

No comments: